We’re proud to see our artists and their work flourish and reach audiences worldwide. Read on to discover dozens of our artists who have been recognized with recent award nominations and wins. Congrats to all!
Featured image: Flutist Lindsey Goodman, Global Music Awards Silver Medal Winner
The Recording Academy announced that Navona Records’ CARTHAGE by The Crossing, Donald Nally, and composer James Primosch received a nomination for Best Choral Performance in the 2021 GRAMMY Awards. Released on the heels of The Crossing’s 2020 GRAMMY-nominated album THE ARC IN THE SKY, CARTHAGE is a cohesive collection of six striking pieces by composer James Primosch that confront the most elemental questions of Western philosophy.
Global Music Awards
The following PARMA artists were honored with awards in the 2020 Global Music Awards, the international music competition which celebrates independent musicians:
- Robert McCormick, STRINGS AND HAMMERS: Gold Medal Winner
- Anthony R. Green, Piano Concerto: Solution (STRINGS AND HAMMERS): Silver Medal Winner – Outstanding Achievement (protest/activist/social justice)
- Lindsey Goodman, ETEREO: Silver Medal Winner – Outstanding Achievement (instrumental/instrumentalist)
- Michael G. Cunningham, Andre’ Godsey, Miguel Matamoro, Paul Osterfield, and Eric Simonson, DIMENSIONS VOL. 3: Silver Medal Winner – Outstanding Achievement (orchestral music)
- Sirius Quartet, PLAYING ON THE EDGE 2: Silver Medal Winner – Outstanding Achievement (string quartet)
- Bruce Leto, Jr., GOMITOLO!: Silver Medal Winner – Outstanding achievement (emerging artist and concept)
- Ana Maria Ruimonte and Alan Lewine, SOPRANO MEETS BASS – Silver Medal Winner – Outstanding Achievement (jazz fusion)
- Rain Worthington: Shadows of the Wind from PRISMA VOL 4: Bronze Medal Winner – Finalist (composer)
- Ganesh B. Kumar, SPIRIT OF HUMANITY: Bronze Medal Winner – Finalist (orchestral music)
British violinist and Navona Records artist Thomas Bowes’s album EUGÈNE YSAŸE: SIX SONATAS FOR SOLO VIOLIN is nominated in the Solo Instrumental category of the International Classical Music Awards (ICMA). The International Classical Music Awards recognize creativity, imagination in choice of repertoire, and artistic excellence. EUGÈNE YSAŸE is Tom’s second release with Navona, following the critically acclaimed 2018 album SEI SOLO. EUGÈNE YSAŸE is a complete set of the complex Six Sonatas by Belgian violinist Eugène Ysaÿe.
Prix Opus Awards
Canadian composer and Ravello Records artist James O’Callaghan’s album ALONE AND UNALONE is nominated for the Prix Opus award for Album of the Year by Le Conseil québécois de la musique (CQM). This award recognizes exceptional music achievements in the years 2019–2020. ALONE AND UNALONE, released with Ravello Records in 2019, has been described as having “mysterious intimacy and adventurous musicianship that few could replicate” (Take Effect).